Friday, February 12, 2010

I've Got a Fever...

No, really, I do. A low grade fever that Ty.len.ol is helping with. Luckily it is snowing out, so I'm not really expected to be anywhere. Unlike yesterday, where I was expected places, but with my car keys hitching a ride in Guy's coat pocket to HIS work, they had to be rescheduled.

You could say I also have a fever for creating lately. This week, at least 2 completed pieces each day, 2 trips to the bead store, and 2 bead supply deliveries. We've had some crazy weather this week, so it was nice to stay inside and work. Thursday it was extremely windy, but needed to finish a necklace so I headed to the bead store. On my way in, the wind blew a large tree over, in slow-motion 3-D, crashing down about 3 car lengths ahead of me and blocking both lanes. Luckily, no one was hurt but I was a bit shaken. Called it in, and went on my merry way to the bead store. I was still a bit shaken, and they let me ramble on about it a bit, but wasn't so shaken that I couldn't cure it with beads.

I am also trying to be more active on the Etsy forum community, and using my Twitter account to self-promote. Its that community thing I was talking about last post. This week, we are going to try making my own earring cards and price tags, try to find something to display my necklaces on, and settle on a color theme for our display area.

Craftiness. In me. Sometimes, I don't even know where this crafty girl has been hiding all my life, but I like it. The other day I was looking at a necklace, and it still awes me that I made that. I created that. That I think they are beautiful, and hopefully someone else will, too. Is this the artist's version of a runners' high?

No comments:

Post a Comment