Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Burning it from both ends

Busy busy busy. If you are wondering why it is quiet on the Etsy front, registration for the All Arts Market finally opened last week. Our booth is reserved! If you are in the area, stop by and say hi! It is at night so after work is fine, and the admission is free. There will be lots of cool local artisans to look at, and you can make it a date night by heading out for dinner in NoDa. Crepe Cellar is my favorite!

So everyday of the last week has been spent trying to build up inventory, make up lists for our booth display, and basically working out the logistics. This is my first craft fair, so there are lots and lots of things on my to-do list. I am in general panic mode, and Guy is being great at talking me down from the ledge. I know this could be done by myself, but I am so glad to have help!

Yesterday Guy was off of work, so we spent most of it driving around and working on our booth. We had some amazing (and lucky) finds, and by the end of the day it was looking pretty good. We've searched the internet for tips, and one of the ones that made the most sense to us was setting up a mock booth and working out your placement beforehand. Then you can just take a pic, and use that to set up without stress. Brilliant! Right now it is temporarily set up on plywood set atop sawhorses in the garage. Look for a new page soon with updated booth/fair pics!

So tonight was takeout pizza in between me making more jewelry and Guy making necklace display stands and hand-stamping(yep) our tea-stained (yep) price tags with the tree logo. And also doing his usual work from home Wednesday office work. Like I said, its great to have help, especially with all these details.

Now that we are full of yummy pizza, time to refill the coffee cup. Back to wire wrapping pearls and making displays. You'll probably hear from me soon, as frankly I need the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment