Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

Well, um, hello there. Long time no see. *kicks dirt with toe* Would it make it better if I admitted that the guilt of not writing has overwhelmed me?? No?? Hmm. Tough crowd.

To be honest, I haven't written because there was no momentum with intenyears. for the last few weeks. Holidays, stress, lack or creative energy all played a part. There was a post Christmas Eve, but it seemed kinda sad, and who wants to read that over the holidays? Everyone has their own problems to deal with, and this is supposed to be a blog about Creating! and Adventure! There were a few pies that were created, but this isn't a baking blog. Check out the awesomeness that is bakerella for that!

Today I posted my first items all on my own, from photography to finish. Yay! The Rock Candy necklace is the unfinished quartz previously blogged about, and the brass filigree was a remake of the necklace I have gotten SO many compliments on. In fact, it is the necklace that spurred me to get the business cards made up. Much classier than writing it in a cocktail napkin, but way less fun. Maybe they make bourbon-scented card stock?

As for the photography, we knew our camera was the sucketh, but thought it would suffice to start off. On New Years' Day I was able to play with a friends' SLR (Mom, not as bad as it sounds!), and OH.MY.WORD. Did not want to give it back. The ease!The focus!The clarity! Makes me want to weep. Plus, you just look like you know what you're doing with a camera like that in your hands. Then, today, back to reality and our old digi. I tried not to show Canon my disappointment, as it is not his fault and he snaps his little heart out. But, there is cheating in my heart. Its name is Nikon.

No comments:

Post a Comment